Sunday 19 May 2013

The Millions I Gave Obasanjo For Electection And Other Issues ––Orji Uzor Kalu


Wondering how much people like President Goodluck Jonathan were worth before they joined politics, the former Governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor Kalu, has said he should be a major share holder in PDP.
“I made millions before joining politics. I was doing business between Maiduguri and the East. I carried fish from Maiduguri to the East and palm oil from the East to Maiduguri. So, I had money and invested so much in the PDP. 
“If the party is a company, I would have been a major shareholder. I and (Saminu) Turaki spent more on the party than any other Nigerian. How much did (President Goodluck) Jonathan have before he became the President?
"I was the first to give the party N100m to register. I was also the first to give Obasanjo N100m to campaign during the 1999 election.”
Kalu said this as ‘Guest of the Week’ on a Kaduna-based radio station, Liberty FM on Saturday.

On the frosty relationship between him and Obasanjo, Kalu said, “I fell apart with Obasanjo on the issue of third term. He wanted to be a life President. Nobody can tell me that Obasanjo was not interested in a third term. Huge money was involved in the project.

"Two senators from my state came with the money and I asked them to return it.

“It was the then President of America, George Bush, who genuinely derailed the third term agenda. I told Bush about it and that is why Obasanjo hates me. Bush told him that it was not possible in a constitutional democracy. I try to avoid him (Obasanjo) at public functions.”

Kalu also stated categorically that the Igbos will not vote for Jonathan in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Blog Archive